Popular Posts

Website Still Under Construction Please Bear With Us!!



“A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.”

Friday, April 12, 2013

Maddi's blessings

Today I have spent a great deal of time thinking about what we have to offer to a unborn baby girl in CA.  I know we have lots of love, a strong stable marriage,  faith in Heavenly Father and  common beliefs and convictions.  We can offer her a warm home, food on the table and clothes on her back.
Berrett will be able to pass on his curiosity about the world and people.  He has a great thirst for knowledge and will teach her in such a way she won't even know she is being "taught".  He knows how to have fun!!  He will probably teach her about computers and technology and I imagine he will do his best to share these fun electronic toys with her.  He will be able to show her that daddy's are men you can count on.  He will give her lots of kisses and hugs and I know he will tell her she is beautiful every day of her life.
As for me... I will hope to teach her to explore her creative side.  She will see my passion for art, music and cooking.  I hope she will love books the way I do.  I know I will read to her from the beginning.  I will sing all the time!!  I love to make up songs about our every day happenings.  She will learn mommies "diaper" song, and fall asleep to my lullaby's.  I hope I can be a example of loving and liking who you are at the moment.  That what really matters is what is on the inside.  It has taken me a lot of years to learn this and loving husband who reminds me daily. I pray she will love the Lord the way we do, and depend on him.
She will have Aunts and Uncles who love her and teach her so many things. Tammy..courage and humor, Tom.. to dream, Staci... looking for the bright side.  Annie... trust in God, Andy.. overcoming obstacles.
Monte Jr...working hard and finding humor in simple things,  Rachelle.. Service, love and probably how to sew!!
Amy... Service and a love for music,  John...strength and love for family, Katy...honoring your parents and service to those in need, David.. a love for athletics and loyalty.
She will have so many cousins, and she will grow up surrounded by them, an extended family that resembles siblings without having to share a bedroom!!
Her grandparents.  Grandma Maynard will never leave her any doubt that she is loved.  She has the great ability to make each grand child feel they are the most important at the moment.  Grandpa Maynard will teach her to giggle and lift her up as "high as the moon."  They are both great examples of faith. 
My mom will be her Nana who can teach her to crochet and a great love for the words of God.  Her papa, my step dad is a quiet man, but won't be afraid to sit on the floor and have tea parties or play barbies with his grandchild.
We have many extended friends who will love her as well.  Linda will teach her to laugh, to play and to overcome whatever life gives you with a smile. 
I pray she will always know she is loved, by her natural family and by her forever family.  I pray her natural parents and grandparents will be assured that we will offer her a life blessed with all the wonderful things we can give her.  Not necessarily material things, but the things that matter most. Love, Faith, Humor, obedience, respect, a love for art, nature and music.  We hope we can be a blessing to her but we know the greatest blessing will be what she brings to us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment